Monday, July 11, 2011

Method #4

Okay, I decided it was time for a new attitude.  Since I do not connect online socially, there were no personal rss feeds to follow, things that I am passionate about I am generally private about, so the rss feeds that I (think) I added to this blog are ones I visit occasionally.

I can see the usefulness of using rss feeds to help manage information overload.  I do not imagine myself sitting down to peruse feeds at a computer.  From my phone, yes, but not a laptop.  This exercise was fairly painless.  In 11 years of working in library land I have never once gotten a question about rss feeds, where to find them, how to save them, their general purpose.  But if I ever do, I now know a teeny bit more about them than I did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment